It’s time to update my beauty bag. As you know that beauty products do expire, so I’ll take some time to check my beauty basics and throw out the old ones, and replace them with new ones. I include here the basic guideline about Beauty Products and Expiration Dates.
You know your makeup and skin-care items won’t last forever, but for how long are they good? Check out this guide. Remember ladies, expired beauty products will affect your beauties. So read this and hope it will help you.
Anti-aging and acne treatments:
– Three months to a year. Antioxidants are easily oxidized, so be on the lookout for any changes in color.
– Two to three years, particularly if it’s in a pump container.
Shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel:
– About three years.
– One year.
– Check the package for an expiration date.
Mascara and liquid eyeliner:
– Three to four months. Make sure you’re diligent about replacing these items to prevent contamination and infections.
Eye and lip pencils:
– Three to five years. Sharpen them before each use as a way to preserve them and keep them clean.
Lipstick and lip gloss:
– Two to three years.
– About two years. Most bottles are designed to last that long. And if you don’t use it, chances are you didn’t love it to begin with.
– About two years. To get more mileage out of a perfume, resist the temptation to display a pretty bottle on your vanity. Instead, stash it away in a cool, dark place.
– One year.
– Three to five years. Most are alcohol-based, which helps preserve the formula.
– Up to three years.
– About two years.
– Up to two years.
By Marissa Fox
Credit from: realsimple.com