Its now 2.25 am and I still can’t sleep. My baby already sleep and dreaming. So I online via my ipad and browse some recipes and then I found this Baking Tips and Tricks from Anne Willan. I think this is a helpful tips for me as a bakers. Well here it is..
Baking Tips and Tricks
1. Cooking times and temps can fluctuate from oven to oven, so trust your nose, eyes and touch above all.
2. Butter and flour cake pans for an excellent non-stick surface.
3. When lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, put a dab of butter at each corner to stick down the paper.
4. Never scrub sheet pans and cake pans as it ruins the surface so they stick. Simply wipe with a tea towel and watch them get better over time.
5. You know a bread loaf is done when a simple tap on the bottom crust sounds hollow.
6. A cake is done when it shrinks from the sides of the pan.
7. When slicing big cakes, set it on a round of cardboard to steady it before you start.
8. Use small deli cups for frosting and sprinkles. They’re cheap and functional for storage
By: Anne Willan